Re: Adding debian/ and .spec to CVS Guile?

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Adding debian/ and .spec to CVS Guile?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 17:42:45 -0600

"Jorgen 'forcer' Schaefer" <address@hidden> writes:

> I think this came up before, but the idea got lost ...

Since I'm the Debian maintainer, this would certainly be possible, but
the reason I haven't pursued it is that I've been fairly busy with
other things, and there are some issues with how to handle the version
numbers.  i.e. when you build a package straight from CVS, what Debian
version/revision should it get (the number comes from the
debian/changelog entry).

Also, in order for the Debian files to be committed to CVS, we'd have
to have full copyrights to them, and though I've already signed the
relevant paperwork for all my guile bits, there were several debian
guile maintainers before me that we'd have to contact and get
paperwork from.

So if decided we really did want to do this, I'd thought about
packaging guile 1.6 by hand, from scratch, so that there would be no
question about the copyrights.

But as I said, this hadn't been a high priority lately.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu