RE: Does guile have serious win32 ambition?

From: Marc Butler
Subject: RE: Does guile have serious win32 ambition?
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 22:26:09 -0700

Hi,

 ISO C reserves symbols prefixed with an _ (underscore) for implemention of
the C standard library.  They are not reserved words per se, but using names
prefixed with an _ may result in linkage havoc.

 C pre-processor macros are not subject to the reservation of _ prefixed
symbols as they are not visible at linkage (or compilation really).  It is
not uncommon to use names prefixed and or postfixed with _ or __ in
preprocessor macros.

 It seems that consistency/style is what is important.

Marc
address@hidden