Re: proposal: scm_string2str() and scm_symbol2str()

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: proposal: scm_string2str() and scm_symbol2str()
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:53:25 -0800

   From: stefan <address@hidden>
   Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 20:34:04 +0100 (CET)

   Hm.  But this is *really' why I asked.  I want to know if you are
   pleased with the proposal or not, and if not, tell me why and how to
   do it correctly:

what, you want me to shift out of bureaucrat mode?!  there ought to be a
policy document restricting that somewhere!  ;->

    * Do you like the names of the functions? Maybe they should be named
      scm_c_*() instead of scm_*().
    * Do they make sense?
    * Should we provide something like scm_c_free() for pointers returned by
      these kind of functions?

i've just checked in devel/policy/api.text, which generalizes your
question somewhat, therein (this is how to do it correctly :-).  before
answering the questions, i'd like to request a list of such kinds of
functions -- feel free to add the list to api.text directly.

thi