Re: Release 1.6 critical TODO items.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Release 1.6 critical TODO items.
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:51:50 -0600

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> One other thing: Mikael raised the question of API compatibility with
> 1.4, and a fair bit of discussion followed, but I don't remember
> whether we reached a clear consensus on whether anything further had
> to be done.  So, what is the agreed position on this?
>
> (Note - it may be that the agreed position is that it's more important
> just to get 1.6 out :-)

That's my current position, but people should feel free to talk me out
of it if there are serious considerations.

I think perhaps we just need to release 1.6 and then help people
migrate (with good web-page work, a FAQ, etc.) where there are
problems.  Though please speak up if there are glaring issues I've
forgotten.

Thanks

--
Rob Browning