Re: Handling BUGS.

From: Evan Prodromou
Subject: Re: Handling BUGS.
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:40:26 -0600

    RB> What about a semi-trivial upgrade to our bug handling
    RB> infrastructure?

Not my place to say, but: the system you're suggesting isn't going to
be The Right Thing, nor will it be particularly easier to work with or
more complete with than what you have now.

I would say that any time or effort devoted to hacking on a quasi
bug-tracking system would be better spent putting bugs in the current
system, tracking them, and fixing them for 1.6 release.

After that release, start using savannah's Sourceforge bug-tracker, or
build one that's all the way "right" with Guile.

In other words, concentrate on the release, not the bug-tracking
"tool". What you're suggesting gives everyone an excuse to ignore the
BUGS file and (totally insufficient) system in place until the "next"
system appears.

OK, that's my advice. Take it however you want.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou
address@hidden