MOP bug

From: Eric E Moore
Subject: MOP bug
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 19:47:50 +0100

The MOP for generic function application doesn't work.  Specifically,
the apply-generic generic function, when called on a generic and the
right number of arguments, complains with

ERROR: Wrong number of arguments to #<procedure #f (foo)>
ABORT: (wrong-number-of-args)

This seems to have to do with a mismatch between the protocol for
generic application in goops.scm (which expects the proceedure to take
an additional argument which it uses to bind next-method), and the C
code (which doesn't) and the code for creating method objects (which
don't do the appropriate re-writing).  I don't think I could fix it
myself particularly quickly, as I don't really understand the C
evaluation code, and the method cache, and how next-methods are
actually computed...

But I do have an application I'd like before and after methods for,
and can't do that without the apply-generic part of the MOP
working....

--
Eric E. Moore