Re: Items blocking release 1.6.1 (2002-04-21)

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Items blocking release 1.6.1 (2002-04-21)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:12:23 -0500

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> personally, i was foolish to think i could help guile improve w/o
> seeing the folly that it is the guile maintainers who need to
> improve (which is outside my control).

Of course you can help guile improve -- your past history and good
work is proof of that.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'd really like to try to work
*with* the other maintainers to resolve our outstanding issues.  If I
wasn't interested in that I wouldn't be taking the time to do the
things I've been doing, including trying to work out a release process
everyone can agree on that will hopefully help avoid the disagreements
we recently had on the subject.

In this particular case, instead of the response you posted, I'd like
to hear what your specific complaints are wrt bound?, and to hear what
fix you have in mind, if any.  For example, you mention using
out-of-band communications, but can this be done in a way that doesn't
force everyone to change their code anyway?  If not, then how is it
any different than just removing bound?

Note that these aren't rhetorical questions.  I'm not all that
familiar with the issue since it wasn't my bug, and so I'd like to
understand all the considerations.

Thanks

--
Rob Browning