Re: IEEE Inf and NaN support for numbers.c

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: IEEE Inf and NaN support for numbers.c
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:07:45 -0500

On 24-Apr-2002, Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> wrote:

| The cleanest way that I can think of right now is to use the
| hash-comma reader extension:
|
|     #,(+inf)   #,(-inf)   #,(nan)   #,(nan 0.42345)

I'm afraid I don't understand what

  #,(nan 0.42345)

means.

It is easy enough to fix the patch so that it will write out these
values any way you like.  But I don't know enough about guile to know
what to modify to make it read these forms.

| > BTW, would people object to reformatting numbers.c to follow the GNU
| > coding standards?
|
| I wouldn't.  Please talk to Rob Browning <address@hidden> before
| doing this, however, since he's doing quite a rewrite of numbers
| currently.

I think Rob already said it was OK with him.  I haven't heard from
anyone else.  Choosing an appropriate time to do it so that we don't
cause unnecessary trouble for anyone who might be working on numbers.c
is the the hard part, I think.

jwe