Re: Guile and MS-Windows on Major Govt. Project...

From: Ken Anderson
Subject: Re: Guile and MS-Windows on Major Govt. Project...
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 11:29:20 -0400

At 10:41 AM 7/2/2002, Chris Bitmead wrote:

Hmm, just checked out PLT-Scheme. The Gui is so limited it doesn't even have something like a grid or table widget. And for this app it's very visual I need a pretty good set of widgets, including some kind of grid. And the OO system looks more awful to me the longer I look at it, but I guess I could live with it if the gui was ok.

Is there any scheme out there with some decent cross-platform gui support, and works on at least Windows and Unix, preferably Mac too? Am I asking so much?
Not at all. There are several Schemes implemented in Java that should let you do portable gui development easily. Here are 3:

http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/
http://jscheme.sourceforge.net/jscheme/mainwebpage.html
http://sisc.sourceforge.net/

I use Jscheme.