Release Guile, now ;-) [was:] Re: GC rewrite, first version.

From: rm
Subject: Release Guile, now ;-) [was:] Re: GC rewrite, first version.
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:20:58 +0200

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 04:15:11PM -0500, Rob Browning wrote:
> > And for the rest, I think that GUILE 1.6 should be released.

Oh, yes, please!

> Agreed.  I've fixed the remaining issues, and 1.5.7 has been ready for
> upload since last week, but I've been waiting for alpha.gnu.org to
> become available again.

Hmm, i reported a problem/bug with the file libguile/scmconfig.h that
exports '#define's that it shouldn't. I'd actually consider this a
release-critical bug: it's actually impossible to build GNU-autoconfish
software that includes this file while instructing the compiler to treat
warnings as errors (the most offensive defines are lines 557-570 in file
scmconfig.h.in). Should i use the bug reporting tool on savannah.gnu.org
is something like my mail to the developer group sufficent?

 Ralf Mattes