Re: new GC code merged

From: Lynn Winebarger
Subject: Re: new GC code merged
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 00:30:35 -0500

On Saturday 03 August 2002 19:27, Han-Wen wrote:
> I merged my new GC code into HEAD. It's tagged before-hanwen-gc-change
> and after-hanwen-gc-change. Here the preliminary notes for it. I'm not
> sure what else you want me to document, but I think the current change
> log entries are not verbose enough. Anyway, here goes:

       Excuse my ignorance.  The notes in tag.h indicate that the least
significant
bit of the 2nd word of a cell is used for marking.  I was reading gc.h and it
appears the mark bits are stored separately.  On the other hand, I looked
at a copy of guile from before your changes and it might also have used separate
mark bitvectors.
     So is that lsb of the second word of a cell actually free for some other
use besides
marking?

Lynn