Re: new-model.text, please comment

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: new-model.text, please comment
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:06:50 -0500

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> High level thought -- is all of this new thinking necessary?  Are we
> unnecessarily ignoring useful stuff that has already been worked
> through on other projects?

Well there's a very interesting thread on comp.lang.scheme we should
also investigate as part of this process.  My newsgroup access is dead
at the moment, but it was a *large* thread regarding macros and
compilation.  One impression from skimming it was that the PLT people
(I think it was PLT) feel like they've actually worked this out, and
that they thought that most of the other implementations/solutions
weren't addressing all the complexities yet.  Sorry, but that's about
as good an impression as I can give until I have time to more
thoroughly investigate.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu