Re: some rpm building questions

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: some rpm building questions
Date: 04 Oct 2002 14:30:04 +0200

Bo Forslund <address@hidden> writes:

> The spec ended up packing like this. Is it OK?

I think Rob can comment on this better than I can.

> And how about ltdl? Can the old one be replaced? Can libtool use
> this libltdl if the old one is replaced?

We are going to release a Guile-1.6.1 soon (hopefully) that does not
use a conflicting libltdl.  You may want to wait for this.
Alternatively, if the RPM format allows this, you can replace the old
libltdl with the one from Guile.  It is completely compatible and only
fixes a few (significant) bugs.

> guile
>       /usr/bin/guile
>
> libguile12
>       /usr/bin/{guile-config, guile-snarf, guile-tools}
>       /usr/share/info/guile.info*, r5rs.info}

These should probably go to libguile12-devel.  You wont be able to
install two versions of libguile when its package contains unversioned
files, like guile-config.