Re: some rpm building questions

From: rm
Subject: Re: some rpm building questions
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:08:21 +0200

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 02:30:04PM +0200, Marius Vollmer wrote:
> Bo Forslund <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > The spec ended up packing like this. Is it OK?
>
> I think Rob can comment on this better than I can.
>
> > And how about ltdl? Can the old one be replaced? Can libtool use
> > this libltdl if the old one is replaced?
>
> We are going to release a Guile-1.6.1 soon (hopefully) that does not
> use a conflicting libltdl.  You may want to wait for this.
> Alternatively, if the RPM format allows this, you can replace the old
> libltdl with the one from Guile.  It is completely compatible and only
> fixes a few (significant) bugs.

Are you shure about this? If i understand it right it changes the behavior
of libltdl, or? There might be apps (admittedly, broken) that depend on
exactly this behaviour.

  Ralf

P.S.: i might be playing devil's advocate here, but if some apps start loding
different libs after installation of the "better" libltdl Bo might have some
serious problems.