goops and memoization

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: goops and memoization
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 14:41:21 +0100 (CET)

Hi folks,

my attempt to get goops working again after my changes to the evaluator
failed.  First, I find the goops implementation incomprehensible.  Second,
from what I understood the implementation of goops uses a lot of internal
knowledge about how the evaluator works internally.  It is not a trivial
task to keep goops in sync when some evaluator internals change.

Is there any goops expert around willing to improve the situation with
goops?

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann