Re: doco srfi-1 delete, delete-duplicates

From: tomas
Subject: Re: doco srfi-1 delete, delete-duplicates
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 15:31:12 +0200

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 01:52:03PM +0200, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:
> address@hidden writes:

[...]
> > Cmp is good [...]

> ...and I think "cmp" is cryptic, arbitrary and ugly, while "=" is
> beautiful, and I don't think there is any risk of confusion.  I think
> the original "=" is good taste.  :-)

Hehe, design taste makes always for good discussions :-)

> And if you guys anyway want to change it, please 1. give it a readable
> name (e.g. equal-predicate?), and 2. make sure to put a `?' after it
> (if it is a textual name) to indicate that it is a predicate.

I was for cmp (or similar) since it's not really about equality
(in fact, the example shows a meaningful use of < for it). I
thoroughly agree with you on the ?, but I think equal-predicate?
would be misleading (since it's not about any kind of equality
here -- the < used in the example isn't even an equivalence relation).

So how would be `compare?'

regards
-- tomas