Re: record serialization

From: Thamer Al-Harbash
Subject: Re: record serialization
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:27:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Marius Vollmer wrote:

[ CCing dev list in case they might have input on this ]

> Oops.  Is it broken in 1.7 as well?

Yes. As far as I can tell SRFI-10 is not behaving with the REPL
very well in both HEAD and the 1.6 release:

guile> (use-modules (srfi srfi-10))
guile> (define foo (lambda (x) (display x) (newline)))
guile> (define-reader-ctor 'foobar foo)
guile> #,(foobar "foobar")
foobar

And it hangs expecting more data which is strange. In the
documented example (read-line) is used but I am not sure right
now why it hangs when the data is passed through the REPL. It
looks like control is never given back to the REPL.

Will look at this tonight as well.

--
Thamer Al-Harbash
GPG Key fingerprint: D7F3 1E3B F329 8DD5 FAE3  03B1 A663 E359 D686 AA1F