Re: Upcoming 1.6.5 release.

From: Michael Tuexen
Subject: Re: Upcoming 1.6.5 release.
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 21:16:02 +0200

Hello Andreas,

I tried your procedure and it works!

So it would be great if this can be included in 1.6.5. Then guile
works out of the box on Mac OS X.

Best regards
Michael

On Aug 9, 2004, at 7:17 PM, Andreas Vögele wrote:

Michael Tuexen writes:

This seems to be related to the problem I see on Mac OS X: I can build and use the static version, but not the dynamic version. [...] This would definitely be good if building dynamic libs is supported.

There's a Fink port called guile16 that supports shared libraries. The current CVS version does also work under Mac OS X. Furthermore, the code that uses _NSGetEnviron is already in the 1.6 branch. Only the corresponding checks are missing from configure.in.

Guile snapshots are available at <ftp://ftp.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/pub/guile/snapshots>. You can unpack and build the snapshot with the following commands under Mac OS X:

tar xzf guile-core.tar.gz
cd guile-core-20040808
sh configure
echo >>config.h "#define HAVE__NSGETENVIRON 1"
echo >>config.h "#define HAVE_CRT_EXTERNS_H 1"
make
make check

One check will fail. That's the putenv problem mentioned in my previous message. If you want to get rid of this error edit libguile/posix.c. Look for the function scm_putenv and replace the putenv call with something like

if (strchr (ptr, '='))
  rv = putenv (ptr);
else
  {