Re: equal? on arrays

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: equal? on arrays
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:42:09 +1100

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> It should clearly be possible to use equal? with all kinds of arrays.
> If this isn't the case, we would need to fix.

Eg, picking out a diagonal with a shared array:

    (equal? (make-shared-array #2((a b c) (d e f) (g h i))
                               (lambda (i) (list i i))
                               '(0 2))
            #(a e i))
    => #f

but with array-equal? it's #t.

It was this way in guile 1.6 too, but never really documented under
equal?, unless you know or thought a shared array is not really an
array.