freeing srcprops ?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: freeing srcprops ?
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 01:22:09 +0100

Hello,

I'm doign some leak checking to see why LilyPond needs such obscene
amounts of memory. Looking through the valgrind leak table, I see mention
of srcprops. In srcprop.c, I see:

static size_t
srcprops_free (SCM obj)
{
  *((scm_t_srcprops **) SCM_SMOB_DATA (obj)) = srcprops_freelist;
  srcprops_freelist = (scm_t_srcprops *) SCM_SMOB_DATA (obj);
  return 0; /* srcprops_chunks are not freed until leaving guile */
}

why use a separate storage pool for srcprop objects?  If optimized storage
is needed, isn't it better to compress the srcprop a bit and use a
double cell?