Re: asserting the equality of double values

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: asserting the equality of double values
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:45:46 -0500

On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 13:53 -0400, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
> 2) The above code uses DBL_MANT_DIG macro. How can I easily find out where
> this macro is defined? Is there any book or reference which discuss this
> kind of macros. For now I did a grep in /usr/include and found that such a
> macro is defined in /usr/include/c++/4.2/limits file. This brings up
> another question.
>
> If you are using a macro defined in a standard c++ library header, shouldn't
> the file be named test-round.cpp instead of test-round.c?

The GNU C Library Reference Manual is a great reference for the standard
C library.  According to its text, the macro is defined to be included
by float.h.  For details, see Info node (libc)Floating Point Parameters.

--
;;; Stephen Compall ** http://scompall.nocandysw.com/blog **
"Peta" is Greek for fifth; a petabyte is 10 to the fifth power, as