Re: git and changelogs

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: git and changelogs
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:24:05 +0100

2008/7/16 Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden>:

> Speaking of which, your latest commits did not include a ChangeLog
> entry.  :-)

Sorry, yes you're right.  I was anticipating the abolition of
ChangeLogs, but prematurely.

I've added the ChangeLogs in now, but I'm not sure I did the merge and
push correctly; can you take a look and advise?

What I did was:
1. Create 2 new commits in my own repo, with ChangeLogs for the two
previous commits.
2. git pull
This caused conflicts, because you had an intervening commit that
modified ChangeLog and libguile/ChangeLog.
3. Resolved those conflicts - in terms of the file contents.
4. git add ChangeLog libguile/ChangeLog
5. git merge
6. git push

Was that correct?