Re: pass at srfi-89 implementation

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: pass at srfi-89 implementation
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 00:12:16 -0400

> I just ran the statprof unit test and it seems to still be OK. Perhaps
> in Julien's run, there simply was not enough time in user space relative
> to the sampling frequency. (Certainly statprof should deal with this in
> a more intelligent fashion.)

That's certainly possible (I take it you're using "user space" to mean
"non-primitive function code"), although I know it's collecting some
samples at least because I've added `display' calls to statprof
itself.  One thing I just noticed is that the whole profiling process
seems to work fine if count-calls? is false -- is that part of the
unit test?

On a more general note, it would be great if statprof were more robust
/ could profile more and different types of code.  When you say "pull
statprof into guile itself," Andy, do you mean getting profiling
functionality into libguile or just including the module in the core
distribution?  (The former would be pretty sweet...)

Regards,
Julian