Re: Cleanup mark-during-GC debug checks.

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Cleanup mark-during-GC debug checks.
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 22:13:02 -0300

Ludovic Courtès escreveu:
> Hello!
>
> address@hidden writes:
>
>> Reviewers: hanwenn,
>>
>> Message:
>> Hello guile devel,
>>
>> please go to
>>
>> http://codereview.appspot.com/4847
>>
>> to review this patch.
>>

>> I hope you like it; thanks!
>
> A couple of notes:
>
>   1. I don't want to use a web interface to review code.  Most free
>      software projects use email in one form or another, which I find
>      convenient.  Having patches in-lined is optimal IMO.

My experience is that a web interface (which tracks different versions of
the same patch) is a lot easier when it is a major change with lots of
revisions.

In general, I find cutting & pasting patches into emails clumsy and error
prone.  In general, git is much better suited for sending patches around.

>   2. I don't want to have a Google account.
>
> Thus, I'll comment on the patch here.
>
>   * I'd name the macro `SCM_DEBUG_MARK_PHASE' rather, as it sounds mot
>     idiomatic (but I'm not a native speaker).

It's rather the reverse: ensuring that the non-mark phase is correct (in
not having mark calls), but I couldn't think of a good name.

>   * Use "static const char msg[] = ...".

done.