Brainfuck experimental compiler

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Brainfuck experimental compiler
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 07:58:24 +0200

Hi all,

Neil Jerram wrote:
2009/5/27 Neil Jerram <address@hidden>:
I also had a response from Jim Meyering, about using git reflog to
find and reconstruct an accidentally deleted head.  I haven't fully
understood that yet, but in any case I'm sure now that my worry was
unfounded.  So let's go ahead with write access for Daniel.

Daniel, I've added you to the Guile project on Savannah now.  If you
haven't already uploaded a SSH key for your account, you'll need to do
that before you can push a new branch to the repository.  Any
questions, just ask, and in case of any mistakes, just let us know
(address@hidden) as soon as possible.

thanks! I think I managed to push my experimental brainfuck compiler (as far as I have it by now) to a new branch brainfuck-compiler (without disrupting anything else), so you may try to see if it really worked ;)

The changes are module/language/brainfuck/* (of course), but I also added a new paragraph to the guile-vm.texi documentation that mentions this example compiler as (hopefully) a good point to look at for a basic example on creating new languages.

I plan to check out Andy's work on the new TreeIL intermediate language and build a compiler to that language, too, in order to get used to it. Additionally, there's still a TODO comment in the code because of a thing I want to comment on but was mysel unsure. Anyways, still some work in progress, but have fun!

Yours,
Daniel

--
Done:  Arc-Bar-Cav-Ran-Rog-Sam-Tou-Val-Wiz
To go: Hea-Kni-Mon-Pri