Re: Merging Guile-R6RS-Libs in `master'

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Merging Guile-R6RS-Libs in `master'
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 19:52:56 +0200

Hi Ludovic!

On Thu 28 May 2009 00:27, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Attached is my initial patch to integrate Guile-R6RS-Libs (bytevectors
> and I/O ports).  I'll commit it shortly to `master' if nobody objects.

Yay!

> It adds a dependency on GNU libunistring (by Bruno Haible).  We could
> avoid it by importing all the Gnulib modules libunistring is based on,
> but I think it's better to not ship and link a copy of such a large body
> of code.  Mike's work needs it as well.

This is unfortunate, to have a new dependency, and on a library that's
not in released distros, nor even very googlable. (I'm on the fedora 11
prereleases, and it seems there is no unistring package.)

It's also unfortunate that we won't be sharing unicode tables with other
apps that exist.

But, I guess this is the right way forward. ASCII and wchar were even
less "fortunate" ;-)

Yay for unicode in Guile!

http://wingolog.org/