Re: truth of %nil

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Re: truth of %nil
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 08:45:45 +0200

Hi Neil,

Neil Jerram wrote:
Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
Guile has treated %nil as false for quite some time:

    scheme@(guile-user)> ,o interp #t
    scheme@(guile-user)> (if %nil 1 2)
    $1 = 2

I'm sorry... you're completely right.  Brain storm on my part.

But then I don't understand the cause of your suggestion.  Is it that
master has somehow regressed, so as to cause (if %nil 1 2) => 1 ?

it seems so.  Doing just a

scheme@(guile-user)> (if %nil 1 2)
1

with a recent build (of at least my elisp branch, but that did not change anything in this respect of course) gives that answer.

Doing ,o interp #t as Andy did however also gives the right answer for me. BTW, I've just changed my elisp compiler to use real nil instead of #f for nil, but now it doesn't have the right semantics of course (that's the motivation here).

Yours,
Daniel