Re: build failure after "eval is actually compile"

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: build failure after "eval is actually compile"
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 18:32:54 -0400

On Aug 27, 2009, at 17:15, Andy Wingo wrote:
I have reverted that part of the "eval is actually compile" commit that
seems to have caused you problems.

Thanks; that puts it back to the "print a warning and go on" case, which lets me get other work done.

I wonder, though, what is loading up
srfi-1 for you?

I wish I could tell, but as I mentioned in IRC, backtraces aren't working for me. I suppose I can try instrumenting everything listing srfi-1 in use-modules, to print out a message first...

Is it something about your shell, that the GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0 is not
actually doing its job?

My interactive shell on the Mac is tcsh, but make should be using /bin/ sh for these commands.

It seems so. Can you follow up on this and determine why exactly
autocompilation is attempted, even though it should be disabled?

I'll try...

Ken