Re: Benchmark tracking

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Benchmark tracking
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 21:10:23 +0000

FYI I've added some small improvements to my benchmark plots:

1. Skip plotting points for days when there were no results
2. Avoid plotting benchmark times that are too small for useful comparison
3. Scale results by number of iterations
4. Show grid in combined plot

In case it's not clear, (2) means not trusting benchmarks that run for
less than 0.05s - because the ratio between 2 such small times has
not enough precision to be useful.  (3) means that we can increase the
iteration count for such benchmarks, to increase precision, and that the
changes in iteration count will be correctly accounted for in the graph
over time.

  http://ossau.homelinux.net/~neil/