defmacro* and defmacro*-public in master

From: Tristan Colgate
Subject: defmacro* and defmacro*-public in master
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:27:38 +0000

[I sent this before subscribing but it hasn't turned up so I'm resending now,
sorry if the previous posting reappears some time later]

Hi Guys,

 Are defmacro* and friends supposed to work in current master? I've
got some code that works under 1.8 but fails on master. I checked
the trivial examples in the manual, and sure enough, they fail as well...

scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (ice-9 optargs))
scheme@(guile-user)> (defmacro* transmorgify (a #:optional b)
...               (a 1))
ERROR: In procedure sc-expand:
ERROR: source expression failed to match any pattern in (defmacro*
transmorgify (a #:optional b) (a 1))
scheme@(guile-user)>

 None of the unit tests seem to directly cover these macros.

 Also, out of interest, is there such a thing as define*-syntax?

 And, whilst I'm at it, on a probably unrelated matter? Is it
possible to have docstrings for macros? It doesn't
seem unreasonable, but doing something like (help macroname) seems to
break anyway (for relatively obvious
reasons).

 Thanks very much for all the hard work you guys are putting in,

 Cheers

--
Tristan Colgate-McFarlane
----