Re: Mingw support.

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Mingw support.
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 21:07:52 +0000

"carlo.bramix" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
> after an hard work I was able to get an almost working build of the most
> recent guile.
> In the attached patch there are some little fixes and a bigger one, an almost
> complete and working implementation of posix mmap()/munmap() for Windows:
> this will allow you a single source code to be easily modified for both POSIX
> and WIN32 solutions.
> This code has been also tested separately and I have not found any
> problem.

Thanks Carlo.  I'm personally interested in having Guile 2.0 run on
Windows, so I appreciate your efforts.

I haven't looked at the patch yet.  But I would guess that it is
substantial enough that we will need copyright assignment papers from
you.  Would you be willing to assign your copyright in this work to the
FSF?

Out of interest, what did you do for the steps in the build that use
guile?  I am aiming to use Wine for these.

I'll start working through the patch later this week, and the remaining
problems that you mention below, and will follow up separately on any
queries.