Re: Potential Lua implementation for Guile?

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Re: Potential Lua implementation for Guile?
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:46:01 +0100

Neil Jerram wrote:
No Itisnt <address@hidden> writes:

I want to apply for GSOC this year. Since Guile has recently obtained
a compilation/language framework, I was thinking that an
implementation of the Lua language for Guile, under the auspices of
the GNU Project, would be a good fit.

Yes, I think that's a great idea.

I can only agree here :) While I've never had contact with Lua so far, I really like the idea of implementing further support (especially for such languages that are -- as you write and also my impression is -- especially suited or even designed as extension languages)!

As I did work on Elisp last summer of code, my experience is that this is a very nice project ;) (Speaking of Elisp, I finally have to find some time again to look into the missing pieces... Hopefully soon, but at least during the summer there should again be enough free time.)

Good luck!

Daniel