Re: build errors (error: conflicting types for 'yyget_leng')

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: build errors (error: conflicting types for 'yyget_leng')
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:20:34 +0200

Andrew Milkowski <address@hidden> ha escrit:

> <stdout>:2051: error: conflicting types for 'yyget_leng'
> ./c-tokenize.lex:32: error: previous declaration of 'yyget_leng' was here

This function (yyget_leng) is provided by flex parser skeleton. As such,
flex also provides a forward declaration for it. Since c-tokenize.lex
has a declaration on its own, the resulting file c-tokenize.c ends
up having two declarations for that function (the same holds true for
other parser functions: yyget_in, yyget_out, etc.). These declarations
are not necessarily the same, because the ones generated by flex may
differ in some slight ways from the ones hardcoded in c-tokenize.lex.

To summarize: I'd propose to remove the spurious declarations of
the 'yy*' functions (between lines 27 and 39 in c-tokenize.lex).

Regards,
Sergey