Re: (r6rs io ports)

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: (r6rs io ports)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 23:40:08 +0200

Hi Julian,

On Sun 11 Apr 2010 05:34, Julian Graham <address@hidden> writes:

> R6RS `raise' is implemented in terms of Guile's `throw' -- my
> implementation just uses a wrapper record type that encapsulates the
> original exception object for handling by R6RS exception handlers and
> optionally stores a continuation in order to support
> `raise-continuable'. (I suppose I could move some of that code to C if
> people thought it made sense.)

No, that wouldn't make sense. You should be implementing raise and
raise-continuable in terms of call-with-prompt, abort-to-prompt, and
fluids, just as catch and throw are implemented. See boot-9.scm, or
"Prompts" in the manual, or
http://wingolog.org/archives/2010/02/14/sidelong-glimpses, or ask me if
you have questions :-)

http://wingolog.org/