Re: Random numbers (again) broken on 64-bit platforms

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Random numbers (again) broken on 64-bit platforms
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 09:11:45 +0200

Hi,

On Mon 02 Aug 2010 00:06, No Itisnt <address@hidden> writes:

> I may have time for doing [rng work] later on but definitely not this
> month; do you guys have any sort of time frame for a release?

Very cool!

We plan to release a 1.9.12 within a week or two, then 2.0 should be the
next one. I know we've been slipping with our self-imposed deadlines,
but it does feel like we're getting closer.

> And also: is there any way to set the lower bound of a random call?

I don't think so, no. One can of course call random with the range, and
add an offset.

Cheers,

http://wingolog.org/