Re: documentation for (web ...)

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: documentation for (web ...)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 00:10:00 +0100

Hello!

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> I was looking at documenting the recent web stuff. My idea is to make a
> new section in the Guile Modules chapter, after POSIX, with the intro
> that the web is the new POSIX (sorta).

I’m not keen on the comparison to POSIX.  For one, POSIX is for
operating systems, and the web is no substitute to operating systems.
In addition, what makes it /look/ like an operating system, i.e., the
fact that many applications can run “on the web”, in the browser, is
largely software as a service (SaaS), which I’d rather not promote.

Mind you, I do like the idea of having ready-to-use web tools in Guile,
and prominent in the manual.

Anyway, my 2 opinionated ¢.  ;-)

Besides I enjoyed reading the paragraph about “web data types” and why
it matters.

One nitpick: could use you @deffn {Scheme Procedure} instead of
{Function}, for consistency?

Kudos for writing all this nice doc!