Re: PEG Parser

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: PEG Parser
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 21:55:26 +0100

Hi,

Noah Lavine <address@hidden> writes:

>> It should have produced $top_builddir/guile.info, which can be used as
>> input to LCOV to generate an HTML code coverage report
>> (http://ltp.sourceforge.net/coverage/lcov.php).
>
> Oh, that worked. The current tests check 92.6% of the lines in
> peg.scm, and 90.7% of the functions. I looked through lcov's HTML
> guide, and it looks like what the tests miss is almost all
> error-handling code. However, I must say that the HTML output looked a
> bit suspicious - for instance, there were places where the first line
> of a function was marked as hit, but the second line was not.

Often, if a function is defined but unused, the ‘define’ line will be
marked as hit whereas the rest of the function will remain red–but
that’s OK since strictly speaking the ‘define’ line /is/ executed.

However, it could be that the code coverage code is buggy.  If you find
obvious errors and can reduce them, I’d be happy to look into it.

Thanks,
Ludo’.