google summer of code

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: google summer of code
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 18:10:35 +0100

Hey Guilers,

If GNU gets into Google's summer of code program again, I would be happy
to mentor one or two good hackers.  So if you're a student, start
thinking about it!

I'll let the list know if GNU gets in.  At that point we would start
taking applications.  Of course it helps if you've submitted patches
already.

The timeline is here:

http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/timeline

In particular:

    March 18:

      List of accepted mentoring organizations published on the Google
      Summer of Code 2011 site.

    March 18-27:

      Would-be student participants discuss application ideas with
      mentoring organizations.

    March 28:

      Student application period opens.

    April 8: