Re: Building without posix

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Building without posix
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 00:17:41 +0200

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dzhus <address@hidden> writes:

> Is POSIX module considered optional?

Not really.

> Configuring guile-2.0 and git trunk with --disable-posix results in the
> following error on my x86:

I pushed a patch that should allow Guile to be built with
‘--disable-posix’.

However, there’s quite a bit of Scheme code that needs access to POSIX
functions now, notably the compiler.  So a number of file system access
procedures must be compiled for the compiler to work.

With the patch I pushed, ./check-guile doesn’t even work because
‘readdir’ & co. are lacking.  We could change this to compile them even
with ‘--disable-posix’, but the problem is that there could be even more
of them, which would defeat the whole point of ‘--disable-posix’, I guess.

Thanks,
Ludo’.