Re: GNU Guile 2.0.4 released

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: GNU Guile 2.0.4 released
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:20:08 +0100

Hi,

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Mon 30 Jan 2012 23:15, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>
>> All apologies.   This should be fixed now with 2.0.5.
>
> Thanks for handling the release, Ludo.  What a crazy process, this
> time.

Indeed.

> Do you have any thoughts about how it might be made smoother in the
> future?

For the SONAME error, I should just have been more carefully reading the
check-list (doc/release.org).  It’s really PEBKAC here, so the only good
fix would be to change the guy.  ;-)

Regarding bug fixing, there’s probably room for improvement.  For
instance, when a bug is filed, we could assign a target release for the
fix, and stick to it.  Perhaps we could have a more formal freeze window
also, during which we would only fix new bugs and be extremely
conservative about anything else.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Ludo’.