Re: TODO list for Guile R7RS support

From: Alex Shinn
Subject: Re: TODO list for Guile R7RS support
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 17:48:23 -0500

2012/2/26 Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> Alex Shinn <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 7:06 AM, Andy Wingo <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> [...]
>>>
>>> Are they like R6RS exceptions?
>>
>> Yes, just the exceptions with no condition hierarchy.
>
> Ouch, like SRFI-35--.  I’d be curious to see the rationale for yet
> another record API, and one that doesn’t support inheritance.

No, not like SRFI-35, no condition types at all.
Instead you raise arbitrary objects (you can make
your own hierarchy if you want), and condition
types will be defined in the large language.

You seem to be confused about inheritance.
SRFI-35 and R6RS provided multiple inheritance,
while the record system supported only single
inheritance.  We will not repeat this mistake.

--
Alex