Re: ASCII DEL characters are allowed in strings, yes?

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: ASCII DEL characters are allowed in strings, yes?
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:13:09 -0700 (PDT)

> Hi,
>
> I don't know why this would not have been stumbled over before,
> but I'd like to confirm that in the Guile string processing code,
> you only delete or alter characters in the 0x80 to 0xFF range, correct?
> I can still rely on 0x01 through 0x1F and 0x7F being left alone, yes?
> Thanks!

The answer to you question is very likely 'yes'.

I know that strings can certainly contain U+0001 through U+001F and U+007F.

I don't have a Guile up an running right now, but, IIRC
(apply string (map integer->char (iota 256))) should work on 1.8 and 2.0.
In 1.8 the interpretation of the upper 128 depends on the current 8-bit locale.
In 2.0, you get a string with codepoints U+0000 through U+00FF.

-Mike