Re: Inclusion of guile-log II

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Inclusion of guile-log II
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 23:52:33 +0200

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Israelsson Tampe <address@hidden> skribis:

> If you want independence use kanren. For guile this approach is 10x faster
> then kanren
> and 10x slower that a compiled prolog. Previously I thought that kanren has
> a more functional
> fundament and can express amazing things. But i'm now inclined that
> guile-log has a feature
> that are very cool and I will try to explain this feature for the fun of it.

Any idea why there’s such a performance difference?

Regardless, I’d be reluctant to use (or include in Guile) a logic
programming system that uses an interface different from that of Kanren,
because (1) there’s a book explaining that interface, and (2) it’s very
well thought out, concise, elegant, and powerful.

AIUI Guile-Log uses a different interface, right?  What would it take to
implement Kanren’s?

Thanks,
Ludo’.