Re: GNU Guile branch, wip-peval-predicates, created. v2.0.5-100-g59c5570

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: GNU Guile branch, wip-peval-predicates, created. v2.0.5-100-g59c5570
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 16:36:40 -0400

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
> Noah Lavine <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> I'm somewhat afraid, however, that the real solution is changing how
>> we deal with parallelism, and that is a much bigger problem.
>
> And this is where functional setters come in.  ;-)

Yes, functional data structures solve this. But the trouble is that
you can't take advantage of this to generate better code unless your
compiler knows that you will never mutate certain variables. Maybe you
could put something together with lots of caching code and
invalidating it if the assumptions change.

Noah