Re: Separate textual/binary ports vs. mixed ports

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: Separate textual/binary ports vs. mixed ports
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 07:57:49 -0400

I agree that separate binary and textual ports are cleaner, but what
about using a port to deal with a mixed binary/textual protocol, like
HTTP? I think the cleanest way to deal with that would be to have a
port where you first read characters and then read binary data.

That doesn't directly address the string-port issue, though.

Noah