Re: Extremly slow for format & string-join

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: Extremly slow for format & string-join
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 14:58:53 +0800

On Mon, 2013-04-01 at 13:35 +0800, Daniel Hartwig wrote:
> 2013/4/1 Nala Ginrut <address@hidden>:
> > Anyway, string-join is so slowly beyond my expectation.
>
> Also note that ‘string-concatenate’ (less general than ‘string-join’)
> performs better for the same case, you could use that directly instead
> of my prior suggestion for similar results.  Especially since you do
> not desire the additional delimiter handling of ‘string-join’.

hmm...seems not...

--------------------------cut------------------------------
scheme@(guile-user)> (define a (make-list 1000000 "asdfadsfadsf"))
scheme@(guile-user)> ,time (define b (apply string-concatenate a))
While executing meta-command:
ERROR: Throw to key `vm-error' with args `(vm-run "VM: Stack
overflow" ())'.
scheme@(guile-user)> ,time (define b (apply string-concatenate
(make-list 100000 "sadfadsfaf"))
... )