Re: Guile and Swig

From: Ian Price
Subject: Re: Guile and Swig
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 07:45:15 +0100

address@hidden (Ludovic Court$(D+2(Bs) writes:

> I$B!G(Bve never seen that second style in Scheme or even Lisp code.

I've seen it before in toy OO systems for Scheme. SICP uses it for a
bit, as does the prometheus prototype OO library, and I believe Oleg's
pure-fp OO example.

> Even GOOPS, Guile$B!G(Bs object oriented layer, which derives from CLOS
> (Common Lisp$B!G(Bs), uses the first style.

As does Racket's class library through the 'send' form.

--
Ian Price -- shift-reset.com

"Programming is like pinball. The reward for doing it well is
the opportunity to do it again" - from "The Wizardy Compiled"