Re: MinGW patches

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: MinGW patches
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 20:16:41 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès)
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:32:34 +0100
>
> > I don't know if they were, though.  One thing I do know is that the
> > request to gnulib maintainers to include hstrerror, which I posted, at
> > your request, here
> >
> >   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2013-06/msg00042.html
> >
> > was left without any followups.
>
> Could you ping them again?

Just did, but I'm not holding my breath.  Perhaps you could also add
your voice.

> It would be really ideal for this to go into Gnulib, rather than
> duplicating it in each project.

I agree.

> > Also, since the only way I could get a functional MinGW Guile was to
> > configure it without threads, I would suggest that this be the default
> > for MinGW, but that isn't a big deal.
>
> Is it something that can fixed?

Maybe, but I don't know how.  There was a long discussion about the
symptoms, starting here:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2013-08/msg00095.html

but it didn't get anywhere, and no one of the Guile developers was
able to help me find the reason.

> Does libgc pass its tests on MinGW?

Yes, with flying colors.

> Please use one thread per patch, so that the discussion remains focused.

Will do.