Re: MinGW patches

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: MinGW patches
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 12:57:34 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès)
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:32:34 +0100
>
> >   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2013-06/msg00037.html
>
> What about exposing %shell-command-name and %shell-command-switch as you
> suggested back then, and using that in popen.scm?

That'd be fine too.

What about the -export-dynamic switch to the linker, as mentioned in
the same message -- was that issue resolved in the meantime?

> Could you resubmit this patch in ‘git format-patch’ format, with a
> ChangeLog-style commit log, and in a separate message?

Done (I hope).  It's not exactly ‘git format-patch’, but it should be
close enough.

For my convenience, I prefer to prepare a real ChangeLog entry, then
copy that to a commit message, which leaves a ChangeLog file around.
May I add ChangeLog to libguile/.gitignore, so that ChangeLog is not
flagged by "git status"?