Two people try to get lilypond for 2.0.12, but hit a roadblock

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Two people try to get lilypond for 2.0.12, but hit a roadblock
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 18:38:29 +0200

Hi,

I just found out that there are currently three people who try to get
lilypond to work with guile 2.0.12, but they hit a roadblock on the
guile-side:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2016-04/msg00063.html

Harm wrote:

> > > I've now checked out branch origin/stable-2.0, derived a local branch
> > > and compiled it.
> > >
> > > ~/guile/meta (my-stable-2.0)$ ./guile
> > > GNU Guile 2.0.11.170-4d08e
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Should be the version we aim at.
> > >
> > > Though, how to compile LilyPond with this guile-version?
> > > Which commands do you actually use for it?

> > That question is easy to answer: I never built with anything but the
> > Ubuntu Guile versions.  So this would appear to be of the "look at what
> > options "./configure --help" offers for this" kind.  And if it's silent
> > about that, see what kind of environment variables might be interpreted.
> >
> > I mean, Gub has to do the same here: build its own library version and
> > use/link it.  So there must be a way.

> "./configure --help" offers some options, eg.
> --with-python-include=DIR
> --with-python-lib=NAME
> but nothing directly for guile.
>
> There are several environment variables like
> CFLAGS
> but I don't know how to use them or the syntax they expect.
>
> Full output of "./configure --help" attached.
>
> I really hope someone can demonstrate how to point configure to a
> self-compiled guile.

From
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/guilev2-work-was-LilyPond-boolean-syntax-true-and-false-td185707.html

Can someone here help Andrew Bernard and Thomas Morley build lilypond
with the self-built guile?

That LilyPond does not work with Guile 2.0 is like the worst case
scenario for Guile adoption, so it would be great if we could help them
get this moving again.

Best wishes,
Arne
--